Me Thierry Thomas notary in Rezé, takes stock of the loan at zero rate, in the new or in the old.
The zero-rate loan in the new
To allow more French people to gain ownership, the Government has strengthened and simplified the zero-rate loan for two years with more advantageous conditions since 1 January 2016.
It allows young people to become the first owners of their first home by reducing the amount of their monthly payments, and gives a welcome boost to the middle and modest classes.
Recall that the zero-rate loan is a complementary loan, interest-free and free, assisted by the state. It is granted under certain conditions to people who wish to become owners of their principal residence for the first time; this is called first-time accession.
What conditions to benefit from the PTZ?
To benefit from the PTZ, you must:
• have not owned in the 2 years preceding the application,
• finance the acquisition of his principal residence (the beneficiary must occupy it for at least 8 months per year),
• take out other loans: the PTZ is designed as a financial supplement. It must not represent more than the amount of the other loan (s) of more than 2 years duration, contributing to the financing of the operation,
• have resources below a ceiling.
It is also possible to access the PTZ even if the applicant has been the owner within the last 2 years, provided that one of the persons who will occupy the dwelling, or the applicant himself is:
• holder of a disability card and unable to exercise a professional activity,
• beneficiary of the disabled adult allowance or a special education allowance,
• victim of a disaster (natural or technological) that rendered the housing permanently uninhabitable.
In order to benefit from PTZ, the household income (reference tax income for the year N-2 is taken into account) must not exceed a ceiling that depends on: